Cooking parties for kids!
A unique and fun twist on birthday parties
As a parent, you can sit back and let our team handle everything from the setup to the cleanup! We will introduce each guest to some essential culinary skills as they make their very own “creation” from scratch all while being provided hands-on instruction by our lively party hosts!
Art of the Meal can accommodate up to 16 participants in our child-friendly kitchen. The kitchen is fully equipped with ample space for hands-on classes. Your kids will prepare a fun, delicious, age-appropriate menu designed to encourage them to try new foods while they learn about food science and how to work safely in the kitchen.
- All parties are two hours. We are happy to extend the time in the kitchen for an additional charge if our calendar permits.
- A $150 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold the date. The deposit will be applied to the balance, which is due the day before your private party.
- We will ask for a headcount the day before and you will be charged by the headcount you provide, regardless of who attends.
- If you need to cancel or change your event, please let us know within seven days of your event.
- Please note the initial $150 deposit is nonrefundable should the event be cancelled as we have reserved this date for you. If we are able to schedule another event you will receive a refund.
A Few Details
- Exclusive use of our facility
- A two-hour hands-on class including time for presents and eating
- A meal and lemonade for the participants is included
- You are welcome to bring a cake
Include the main course and dessert, cookies or cupcakes, all hands-on. Additional options are available upon request.
- Monday–Thursday: $49 per child (min 8 children)
- Friday/Saturday between 10 am – 1 pm: $52 per child (min. 10 children)
- Friday/Saturday after 3 pm: $59 per child (min 16 children)
We would be happy to provide a snack or cookies with coffee for the adults during the party for an additional charge. No outside food other than birthday cake is permitted. Platter feeds 12-16
- Sandwich platter: $45
- Fruit or vegetable tray with dip: $35 (Seasonal availability)
- Cookies and coffee, soft drinks available: $35
Mmm … menus
Kids will prepare fresh potato gnocchi and roll it on our wooden gnocchi boards. It is boiled and seared in a pan for a tender crisp result. Served with house bolognaise sauce and parmesan, it is a favorite for both kids and parents!
Kids will prepare their own pot stickers with won ton wrappers and a sweet soy dipping sauce and will hand dip fortune cookies in chocolate and decorate in fun sprinkles. Kids 10 and over will make their own fortune cookies!
What about older kids?
YES! Call to customize a menu for kids 9 and older.
A great just-for-kids program
Everywhere you turn, there is a renewed interest to be back in the kitchen making fun and creative meals for family and friends. This has become a real passion for many of us. Kids want to be a part of the fun!
Here at Art of the Meal, we have designed a program for your chef-in-training. We are dedicated to providing interactive and educational children’s cooking camps. Your child will learn to read and follow recipes, measure and combine ingredients, and work together in teams while expressing their own personal creativity. Additionally, we will learn about kitchen safety, seasonal eating, and basic cooking techniques.
Each camp is limited to 16 students so that every child has personal attention from our staff. And parents, we will invite you to enjoy a selection of specially prepared treats on the last day of camp. The kids are so proud of their accomplishments and it is always the highlight of the week!
*Not offered at this time*
Budding Chef Program
An in-depth program for serious young chefs
FOR KIDS 8-11 & 12-15
We have some serious young chefs who have requested a more in-depth experience. We will offer sessions for two age groups: 8-11 and 12-15. There will be only eight chefs per session and each session is six weeks. Each child will receive with their tuition a chef’s jacket with their name on it and a few essential kitchen tools to take home. Each week we will work on a specific skill set and they will earn colored stripes on their jackets to coordinate with the mastered skill.
Graduation will include a dinner for their guests. This is a formal dress-up event and will be plated and served by your chefs. Each child will have room for two guests, and you can purchase tickets for this dinner the week before the event. Please note that we cannot accommodate additional guests.
If your child completes the program during the school year, they will receive an Art of the Meal certificate and will be eligible to attend an advanced Kids Camp in the summer.
Our curriculum will immerse them in a world of culinary creativity and discovery. In addition to developing cooking skills, our weekly classes incorporate elements necessary for a budding young chef such as:
- Kitchen safety
- Etiquette and manners
- Proper food handling
- Cooking & baking techniques
- Table setting
- And so much more!
A few things to know
- Tuition is refundable up to seven days before the session begins.
- If a child is removed from camp for disregarding the kitchen safety rules as set forth by our staff, there will be no refund.
- For safety reasons, please send kids to camp wearing close-toe shoes, (no sandals) and long hair pulled back in a ponytail.
- All parents will be asked to sign a safety waiver upon registration.
- Please contact us by phone if your child has any serious food allergies—our kitchen is not nut-free. We can discuss possible options.
- Please feel free to contact us with additional questions!